During this prolonged winter cold spell, many are worrying about higher than normal energy bills.

Please do not struggle.

There are various different grants and schemes running at the moment to help people who are facing financial difficulties.


If you are aged 60 and over and struggling with the cost of heating your home, you may be eligible for a grant of up to £250. To apply, please contact: Age UK Carlisle and Eden on 01228 536673. https://www.cumbriafoundation.org/winter-warmth-fund/apply-now/
Age UK can also provide a wide range of other help and advice to older people.

Call the Support Helpline on 0800 783 1966 (Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 5.00pm, Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm). They’re used to answering a wide range of questions, and they’ll help you to get the support you need.


If you are worried about money, you can contact Citizens Advice. They can give you free advice on debt, benefits, employment and housing problems, and make sure you’re getting all the support you’re entitled to.  Call CAB – Carlisle and Eden 03300 563037.